Rabbit Polyclonal, RTU. Intended for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use. p40 is an antibody that recognizes ∆Np63-a p63 isoform and it is highly specific for squamous/basal cells. It may be a valuable marker in detecting Squamous Cell Carcinoma where p63 is currently used. It recognizes the shortest variant of p53. p40 is superior in specificity to p63 because it does not label lung adenocarcinomas like p63 does, which eliminates the potential of misinterpreting a positive adenocarcinoma as a squamous cell carcinoma.
1. U.S. 29CFR 1910.1200, OSHA Hazard Communication and EC Directive 91/155/EC.
2. Center for Disease Control, 1976, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, 1976.
3. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guidelines for Safe Work Practices in Human and Animal Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, Supplement/Vol 61, January 6, 2012.
4. Kiernan, Microscopy Today 00-1 pp. 8-12, (2000)
5. Sheehan and Hrapchak, Theory and Practice of Histotechnology, Second Edition, Battelle Press, 1980
6. Nadji and Morales, AR Ann N.Y. Acad Sci 420:134-9, 1983