MasterTech Special Stain Kits
- RUSSELL-MOVAT PENTACHROME KIT /EaItem # : KTRMPStains all connective tissue elements, mucins, and nuclei in just over one hour.
This stain has three primary stains, Verhoeff’s Elastic Stain, Alcian Blue, and Crocein Scarlet which produce purple to black elastic fibers and nuclei, blue to green mucins, red muscle, and red fibrinoid against a yellow background with collagen, yellow collagen counterstained by Alcoholic Saffron Solution.
- HelicoStat Stain Kit /EaItem # : KTHSTStains for Helicobacter pylori in 25 minutes.
This kit is suitable in lieu of and comparable to Alcian Yellow/Toluidine Blue Helicobacter pylori Stains such as the Leung and Gibbon’s Technique. The Helico*Stat® Stain Kit differs from these procedures by using true Alcian Yellow dye instead of an alternative. This provides tremendous contrast between the organism and mucin. Toluidine Blue serves as the primary stain, producing blue Helicobacter pylori and background against yellow mucins, counterstained by Alcian Yellow.
- Mod Brown Hopps Gram Stain Kit/EaItem # : KTBHGStains for gram positive and gram negative bacteria in just under 20 minutes.
This kit is suitable in lieu of and comparable to various Brown-Hopps staining procedures. Basic Fuchsin and Crystal Violet both serve as primary stains, producing blue stained gram positive bacteria, along with red gram negative bacteria and nuclei, while the Picric Acid/Acetone provides a yellow counterstain.
- MALLORY'S TRICHROME STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTMALStains for collagen, elastic, mucous, muscle, pituitary cells, and reticulum in 20 minutes.
Both Acid Fuchsin and Aniline Blue/Orange G serve as primary stains, producing blue beta cells, collagen fibers, mucous, and reticulum, with red muscle, alpha cells, nuclei, and pink to yellow elastic fibers stained by Aniline Blue/Orange G.
- FONTANA-MASSON PINT STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTFMAPTStains for argentaffin cells, granules, carcinoid tumors, and melanin in 60 minutes.
Argentaffin cells possess the ability to bind and reduce silver to a visible metal without requiring a reducing agent, allowing this stain to be performed with fewer steps than other silver stains. An Ammoniacal Silver Developer Solution serves as the primary stain, producing brown to black melanin granules against a pink to red background counterstained by Nuclear Fast Red. There is no filtration required when using MasterTech Nuclear Fast Red.
- ALCIAN BLUE 1.0pH PINT STAIN KIT/EaItem # : KTABP1PTStains strongly sulfated mucins (mucosubstances) blue in 40 minutes.
This kit contains a specially formulated Nuclear Fast Red that reduces flocculation, not found in similar stain kits on the market. This greatly reduces staining artifacts and debris. Alcian Blue serves as the primary stain, producing vibrant blue stained mucins with the pink to red nuclei counterstained by Nuclear Fast Red. There is no filtration required when using MasterTech Nuclear Fast Red.
- VERHOEFF ELASTIC LITER STAIN KT/EaItem # : KTVELLTStains for elastic fibers in just 20 minutes.
Used to demonstrate changes in elastic tissue such as atrophy, arteriosclerotic changes, reduplication, breaks, splitting, or to determine whether blood vessels have been invaded by a tumor. Verhoeffs working solution serves as the primary stain in this regressive method, overstained and then differentiated to produce purple to black elastic fibers and pink to red collagen against yellow background tissue counterstained by Van Gieson’s.
- MASSON TRICHROME LITER STAIN KIT/EaItem # : KTMTRLTStains for collagen and muscle in as little 20 minutes.
Trichrome stains are commonly used to identify increases in collagenous tissue to assist in the diagnosis of diseases such as liver cirrhosis. This kit includes a 20 minute microwave procedure and the traditional one hour and forty-five minute procedure. For a lower hazard alternative without Bouin’s Fluid that provides similar results, try the MasterTech Masson’s 2000 Trichrome Stain Kit. Biebrich Scarlet/Acid Fuchsin and Aniline Blue serve as the primary stains, producing red cytoplasm, intercellular fiber, keratin, and muscle, blue collagen and mucus with purple to black nuclei, counterstained by Weigert’s Hematoxylin.
- P.T.A.H. PINT STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTPTAPTStains for collagen, fibrin, and striated muscle in under one hour.
This kit includes a 55 minute microwave procedure and the traditional 15 hour procedure. Unlike similar kits on the market, the MasterTech P.T.A.H. Stain Kit is less hazardous, using Zinc Chloride instead of mercuric based mordants, which also eliminates the need for Potassium Dichromate. Ferric Ammonium Sulfate is also used instead of Acidic Potassium Permanganate, further reducing the stain kit’s hazard. P.T.A.H. serves as the primary stain, producing blue fibrin, muscle, and nuclei, with brown to red collagen.
- ONESTEP TRICHROME BLU/RED GL KT/EaItem # : KTTRBGALStains for collagen and muscle in one hour and 15 minutes.
The MasterTech One-Step Trichrome Kit makes staining for collagen or muscle, fast and easy. Unlike traditional one-step procedures, Modified Mayer's Hematoxylin is used instead of Weigerts Hematoxylin, eliminating the need for unnecessary steps, while making this kit ready-to-use. One Step Trichrome serves as the primary stain, producing pink to red cytoplasm, intercellular fiber, keratin, and muscle, blue or green collagen, and mucus, depending on the Trichrome color chosen, and blue nuclei stained by Mayer’s Hematoxylin.