MasterTech Special Stain Kits
- Myofibrillar ATPase Liter Kit/EaItem # : KTATPLTStains for the two types of muscle fibers and their subtypes in 50 minutes.
Traditional ATPase procedures employ the use of a barbiturate buffer, which is a controlled substance. American MasterTech’s Myofibrillar ATPase Stain Kit contains no barbiturates! In the MasterTech’s Myofibrillar ATPase Stain Kit a predominance of Type 1 fiber types typically indicates a myopathic condition, such as dystrophy, while a predominance of Type 2 fibers typically indicates a neuropathic condition. Type 1 Buffer stains small type 1 fibers black and type 2C fibers grey. Type 1&2BC Buffer stains small type 1 fibers black, 2B and 2C fibers grey to black. Type 2AB Buffer stains type 2A and 2B fibers black.
- CellMate STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTCELStains for Helicobacter pylori, Mast Cells, and Bone Marrow in an easy 3-stain, one-step, 15-minute procedure.
CellMate™ is the perfect helper for busy pathology laboratories. Using the simple three stains/one-step procedure any technician or physician can produce beautiful diagnostic slides in 15 minutes. This simple procedure will demonstrate Helicobacter pylori, Mast Cells and Bone Marrow. This product is so compact and portable it can be taken to clinics, hospitals and doctors offices.
- IRON STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTIROStains ferric iron in under 30 minutes.
This kit is suitable in lieu of and comparable to the Perl’s Technique and Gomori’s Iron Reaction for staining ferric iron. The MasterTech Iron Stain is less hazardous than these procedures and provides more precise results by using lower strength Hydrochloric Acid and Potassium Ferrocyanide. A Working Prussian Blue Solution serves as the primary stain, producing blue ferric iron against a pink to red background with red nuclei, counterstained by Nuclear Fast Red. There is no filtration required when using MasterTech Nuclear Fast Red.
- OIL RED O STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTOROStains fat and neutral fats in 10 minutes.
Oil Red O serves as the primary stain, producing red fat with blue nfauclei stained by the Hematoxylin.
- MUCI PLUS PINT STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTMPLPTStains epithelial mucins in just 20 minutes.
This kit is suitable in lieu of and comparable to the Mayer Mucicarmine method for staining mucins. The MasterTech Muci Plus Stain Kit™ contains a specially formulated Mucicarmine stain known as Muci-10 Plus™ that dramatically reduces primary staining time to 10 minutes, while most other kits on the market take an hour. Muci-10 Plus™ serves as the primary stain, producing pink to red epithelial mucins. Hematoxylin acts as a secondary stain, producing blue to purple nuclei against a yellow background, counterstained by Metanil Yellow.
- MASSON'S 2000 TRICHROME KIT /EaItem # : KTMTR2Stains for collagen and muscle in less than 30 minutes.
Trichrome stains are commonly used to identify increases in collagenous tissue to assist in the diagnosis of diseases such as liver cirrhosis. This kit includes a 40 minute microwave procedure and the traditional two hour procedure. The Masson’s 2000 Stain Kit is a low hazard alternative to the traditional Masson’s Trichrome Stain Kit which uses Bouin’s Fluid. Instead, a specially formulated Bouin's 2000™ is used, that is free of both formaldehyde and picric acid. Biebrich Scarlet/Acid Fuchsin and Aniline Blue serve as the primary stains, producing red cytoplasm, intercellular fiber, keratin, and muscle, blue collagen and mucus with purple to black nuclei, counterstained by Weigert’s Hematoxylin.
- GIEMSA/MAY-GRUNWALD STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTGMGPTStains for bone marrow, core sections, mast cells, and Helicobacter pylori in 25 minutes.
This procedure is used to differentiate cells present in hematopoietic tissue. Both May-Grunwald and Giemsa Stock serve as primary stains, producing blue to purple nuclei, cytoplasm, Helicobacter pylori, and mast cells.
- STEINER LITER STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTSTELTStains for Donovan bodies, fungi, Helicobacter pylori, Legionella pneumophila, and spirochetes in 45 minutes.
This kit includes a 45 minute microwave procedure and the traditional one hour procedure. This kit is suitable in lieu of and comparable to the Traditional Steiner and Dieterle’s stain. The MasterTech Steiner Stain Kit differs from simliar kits by eliminating radioactive Uranyl Nitrate, providing pre-measured Hydroquinone capsules, and modifying the original technique, which creates a safer, easier to use procedure that provides optimal staining results and reduced background staining. Silver Nitrate, developed by the Hydroquinone based reducing solution serves as the primary stain, producing dark brown to black donovan bodies, fungi, Helicobacter pylori, legionella pneumophila, and spirochetes, against a yellow to brown background.
- FONTANA-MASSON STAIN KIT /EaItem # : KTFMAStains for argentaffin cells, granules, carcinoid tumors, and melanin in 60 minutes.
Argentaffin cells possess the ability to bind and reduce silver to a visible metal without requiring a reducing agent, allowing this stain to be performed with fewer steps than other silver stains. An Ammoniacal Silver Developer Solution serves as the primary stain, producing brown to black melanin granules against a pink to red background counterstained by Nuclear Fast Red. There is no filtration required when using MasterTech Nuclear Fast Red.
- DEVELOPER SET (Biel) /Kit 3 x 6mlItem # : KT499-6Developer solutions used with the Bielschowsky's Modified Stain Kit.