Intended for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use. Anti-synaptophysin reacts with neuroendocrine cells of human adrenal medulla, carotid body, skin, pituitary, thyroid, lung, pancreas, and gastrointestinal mucosa. This antibody identifies normal neuroendocrine cells and neuroendocrine neoplasms. Diffuse, finely granular, cytoplasmic staining is observed, which probably correlates with the distribution of the antigen within neurosecretory vesicles. The expression of synaptophysin is independent of the presence of NSE or other neuroendocrine markers. Anti-synaptophysin is an independent, broad-range marker of neural and neuroendocrine differentiation.
- Navone F, et al. Protein p38: an integral membrane protein specific for small vesicles of neurons and neuroendocrine cells. J Cell Biol. 1986; 103:2511-27.
- Wiedenmann B, et al. Identification and localization of synaptophysin, an integral membrane glycoprotein of Mr 38,000, characteristic of presynaptic vesicles. Cell. 1985, 1:1017-28
- Kayser K, et al. Expression of neuroendocrine markers (neuronspecific enolase, synaptophysin and bombesin) in carcinoma of the lung. Pathol Res Pract. 1988; 183:412-7.
- Son EI, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis for histopathological subtypes in pediatric medulloblastomas. Pathol Int. 2003; 53:67-73.
- Conner MG, et al. Small cell carcinoma of the cervix: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 23 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol.200:6:345-8
- Lyda MH, et al. Immunoreactivity for epithelial and neuroendocrine antibodies are usefulin the differential diagnosis of lung carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2000; 31:980-7.
- Skacel M, et al. Immunohistochemistry in the differential diagnosis of acinar and endocrine pancreatic neoplasms. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2000; 8:302-9.
- Morrison CD, et al. Immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of neoplasms of the central nervous system. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2000; 17:204-15.
- Kamisawa T, et al. Neuroendocrine differentiation in pancreatic duct carcinoma special emphasis on duct-endocrine cell carcinoma of the pancreas. Pathol Res Pract. 1996; 192:901-.